What’s unique about the ACF Certification Program?
The ACF certification program is the most comprehensive certification program for culinarians offering 16 certification levels. Culinarians achieve certification based on education, experience, and successful completion of written and practical exams. The certification programs is guided by the ACF Certification Commission. Learn more about the Certification Commission.
To increase the value, credibility and recognition of the ACF Certification Programs, four certification levels are accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). Additionally, the Certification Commission models all certification levels on NCCA standards. Learn more about the value and benefit of NCCA Accreditation.
ACF Certification adds value to the certificants, employers and the public. With thousands of chefs competing in the job market, it is essential to prove your culinary competency.
Benefits of ACF Certification:
- Enhances reputation by proving the chef has the knowledge and skills required for a position;
- Shows that the chef embraces continuing education as a life-long goal for continual improvement and mastery of the culinary arts;
- Instills self-confidence when the chef achieves the goal of earning a reputable, challenging and quality-driven credential;
- Communicates that the chef upholds the Culinarian’s Code of Ethics, including conducting oneself with honesty, integrity and fairness in providing professional service;
- Proves that the chef can collaborate with others to cultivate new and innovative culinary techniques and skills.
Promote ACF Certification
Verify current ACF certifications
ACF Certification – The standard of excellence for chefs.
Have questions or need more information? Contact the ACF Certification Department.